Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Saturday, January 21, 2017

Just another week in January

Lily did very well after her dental extractions, was eating like a champ, so this week I took her back to the colony.  Home again, Lily.  I always worry that maybe they enjoy being warm and having meals brought to them but she showed no signs of friendliness and in eight years I've never been able to pat her.  I see her come out of a shelter so I know she has a warm place to sleep at least, and of course we show up every day with tasty meals, she has lived there her whole life.
 I also spent some time trying to trap a cat with an injured foot with no luck as of yet, and volunteered at the Street Cats clinic, where 30 cats were spayed and neutered in one evening.
And visited with the snow prince kittens, one got adopted, two are up for adoption and the one with folded ears, well, he may have gotten "lost" at Susan's if you know what I mean, wink wink.
I have to say I am loving this winter!  Above freezing, no snow, for me and the cats a fantastic January!

No comments:

Post a Comment