Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Sunday, April 30, 2017

A good day to save cats

It's a long story, aren't they all?  My neighbour's daughter's boyfriend has an upstairs neighbour (confused yet?) who has a cat who had kittens.  Of course she reached out to me and I said sure I can help.  I went over Thursday evening and well it wasn't quite what I expected.  Momma was friendly and the kittens were hiding, the place was a mess to be polite.  Squalid is a more accurate terms, a wall of empty Laker Lager boxes, one litter box that was all urine and feces, but on the upside the guys were nice.

I went back yesterday and the kittens were in a room, so we managed to grab them, although I must say they are pretty wild, even though they were born inside I'm not sure they have been handled much but they will come around.  There was some talk of them giving up mamma too but they wouldn't sadly, at least though they will let me get her spayed, this was her third litter.


Then back to regularly scheduled programming, I fed my feral colonies (about 22 cats in total), and then we took a break and enjoyed a small grove of cherry trees near the colony.  Who needs the west end traffic and crowds?!


No comments:

Post a Comment