Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, May 25, 2017

I've seen fire and I've seen rain

I always turn off my cell phone at night so I don't hear the annoying pings of the texts coming in at all hours.  This morning I turned on my phone to find way too many texts!  There had been a massive fire at the recycling plant where our colony is.  It happened overnight, there were 40 fire trucks at one point.  Of course I was worried about my kitties but it was pouring rain this morning, not the best time to look for cats and access was blocked this morning.

This afternoon when the rain let up Sandi and I went down and had no trouble getting in and thankfully saw all our cats!  Hank's gang was a bit stressed, those trucks and sirens must have been terrifying and there is a lot of cleanup going on, but they still wanted to eat.  They are survivors!
Down the road at Sadie and Misty's spot it was all flooded, what a day.

It makes me so happy when I get these updates from Carol, look at our Floppy, no rain or scary sirens for him, just enjoying the view from his condo window.


1 comment:

  1. Great work. Sad news of fire and good news of rain. I hope everyone is safe including your cats. Wish to see more pictures of your family, rescuers and cats.

    ReplyDelete