Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Sunday, May 21, 2017

Mom and kittens saved!

Another urgent plea went out this week about a mom and kittens in a yard near Yonge and Eglinton.  I was feeling a bit overworked but called the homeowner, she is allergic so wasn't willing to do much but thankfully she had a cat loving friend who lived nearby who I connected with.

With some encouragement and guidance, Melanie was able to grab two of the kittens and then Friday afternoon we went and trapped one more and the mom.  That left one little one all alone, Melanie tried all that evening but no luck, the poor thing was probably so scared.  I worried all night.  Melanie had the other three kittens in her bathroom and she went back first thing Saturday morning.  She was about to pack it in after a few hours when boom last orange baby in the trap!  Case closed!

The kittens are about 8 weeks I think, they just need a bit of socializing, and we will have to see if mom is friendly.  It really makes a difference when someone in the community is willing to get involved.






1 comment:

  1. Its my personal observation but I think women particularly have an innate fond for cats. Thanks for sharing this post with us.

    ReplyDelete