Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Onwards into November

I've been taking things a bit slower recently, I hurt my back so I haven't been trapping and thankfully kitten season is winding down although there are still kittens being found.  We've been replacing all the straw in the shelters and trying to get the cats ready for winter, it got cold fast and they are all eating a lot.  Herb seems to be a regular fixture now and has made friends of a sort with Sadie and Misty, he was a recent arrival who has been neutered and now looks fat and healthy.

Sadly my cats trapped on the spit have not turned out to be tame, and I faced a tough decision about what to do with them.  I felt I couldn't return them so found a responsible barn to take them to.  We had to retrap them in their room in Sandi's place and last week we drove them to their new home.  Relocation is always a last resort, but the woman is lovely and committed and they love food so I hope and pray they will stick around.
Herb (in back) and Sadie and Misty
At home, the cats are compensating for the windows being closed by sleeping in front of the fire and here is Apollo snuggled in a new bed I bought. 
 But even better than a new bed is a new box!

No comments:

Post a Comment