Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, January 1, 2018

2017 year in review

Happy New Year to all, 2018 starts off cold, it's hard being a colony caretaker when it's this frigid, I worry about the outside ones but they have shelter and they come out to eat and more importantly for water.

It was the most stable year at the Cherry St colony, fortunately everyone made it through and for lucky Floppy, he got a home, no more cold for him.
 Sadly at the CG colony where I feed a few days a week, sweet Jill was hit by a car and died.
In our rescue and TNR work, it was busy busy busy.  I lost track of the amount of cats we trapped and kitten we rescued, but I'm sure we trapped close to 100 adults and kittens.  I know our efforts matter and make a huge difference, one colony we started in the spring with 12 adults was all done within a few months, now no more kittens.  We helped one group of cats living in a sketchy laneway and 80% were able to be adopted out.

And these cute babies found loving forever homes.

 Frankie was a tiny kitten with severe injuries to his legs, who was nursed back to health and found a home!
I look forward to another year of helping cats!  I can only do this because of the amazing team of people that shares this goal with me and I thank you all profoundly.  I must hit the road, I have cat sit clients and outside cats to feed, the temperature today is -11, at least there is sun, Friday and Saturday it's supposed to be a high of -19, it's certainly a real winter.  I'm grateful for all the ones who did get rescued who aren't outside in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment