Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, January 22, 2018

And now we are seven, RIP Socks

A month or so ago I noticed that Socks' chest was heaving and I was concerned but unable to trap him.  Then it seemed he was ok, and he has been eating but then on Saturday he was sitting out in the sun and it was happening again, and he was coughing and looking thin so on Sunday I trapped him and took him into the vet.

Sadly his abdomen was full of fluid which indicated FIP or heart failure so Socks crossed the Rainbow Bridge to be with his pals who have gone before him.  He did pretty well for a cat who lived his whole life outside, I don't know how old he was but at least 10 maybe much older.  We will all miss him!





No comments:

Post a Comment